"PERFORMANCE THAT PLAYS BY THE RULES"
Trusted by professional & amateur athlete’s worldwide, Cordygen5™combines two unique, three strain cordyceps blends (one full spectrum & one extract) with Oxyjun® to support sport performance, endurance & heart health while reducing fatigue associated with sports activity, in young, healthy adults ages 18-40.*
**This product has been third party tested for banned substances and “Certified Drug Free” by the BSCG (Banned Substance Control Group). Gluten Free!*
- Now in rapid release vegetarian capsules
- 2 Unique, 3 Strain Cordyceps Blends (3- Full Spectrum & 3 Extracts)
- Now With Oxyjun® and Rhodiola Rosea!
- Support Sport Performance In Healthy Exercising Adults *
- Support Aerobic and Muscular Endurance*
- Supports Healthy Immune Function*
- 100% Natural & Gluten Free
- Tested For Banned Substances & BSCG Certified Drug Free**
- Manufactured in the Pacific Northwest, USA
**Cordygen5™ proudly participates in the BSCG's Certified Drug Free program. Please check the BSCG's website for certified lot #'s at the link below. BSCG Millennium Sport Technologies
Cordygen5™ contains zero wheat, sugar, starch, salt, soy, egg, milk, artificial colors, flavors or dyes. GLUTEN FREE!
Suggested Use: Assess tolerance one capsule at a time. On training days take one (1) to three (3) vegetarian capsules 60-90 minutes prior to endurance activity, cardiovascular session or weightlifting. On non-training days take one (1) to three (3) capsules. Reduce dosage when taking with other products containing cordyceps.
Stacking: For maximum strength & endurance Cordygen5™ may be stacked with CRE-02™, NitroCeps-ELITE™, RagNOrok-ELITE™, MVP-365™, ZMK®, MST® Testofen® & MST® PrimaVie® and MST® Immune Support.
Warnings: This product is only intended to be consumed by healthy adults 18 years of age or older. Pregnant or nursing women should not use this product without consulting their physician first. Consult with your health care provider before using this product, especially if you are taking any prescription, over the counter medication, dietary supplements, or if you have any pre-existing medical condition, including but not limited to: high or low blood pressure, cardiac arrhythmia, stroke, heart, liver, kidney or thyroid disease, seizure disorder, psychiatric disease or diabetes. Discontinue use and immediately consult your health care professional if you experience any adverse reaction to this product. Do not exceed recommended serving. Do not use if safety seal is broken or missing. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any disease.
- Zhu, Jia-Shi, Halpern, G., Jones ,K (1998) The Scientific Rediscovery of an Ancient Chinese Herbal Medicine: Cordyceps sinensis The Journal Of Alternative And Complementary Medicine [part 1]Volume 4, Number 3, 1998, pp. 289-303 [part 2] Volume 4, Number 4, 1998, pp. 429 - 457
- Guowei Dai, Tiantong Bao, Changfu Xu, Raymond Cooper, and Jia Xi Zhu, Cs-4 Improves Steady-State Bioenergy Status in Mouse Liver. The Journal Of Alternative And Complementary Medicine Volume 7, Number 3, 2001, pp. 231â€¦amp;quot;240
- Guo QC, Zhang C. (1995) Clinical Observations of Adjunctive Treatment of... with JinSHuiBao Capsule. J Administration Traditional Chinese Medicine 1995:5(suppl):22
- Wang, R., Xu, Y., Ji, P., Wang, X., Holliday, J (2001) Clinical Trial Of A Mixture of Six Medicinal Mushroom Extracts.
- Holliday, J., Cleaver, P., Loomis-Powers, M., and Patel, D., Analysis of Quality and Techniques for Hybridization of Medicinal Fungus Cordyceps sinensis, International Journal of Medicinal Mushrooms, Vol. 6, pp. 147-160 (2004)
- Gordon, D. (1993). : The rumored dope on Beijing's Women. Newsweek September 27): 63.
- Chen, S.Z. and Chu, J.Z. (1996). [NMR an IR studies on the characterization of cordycepin and 2-deoxyadenosine]. Zhongguo Kangshengsu Zaxhi 21: 9-12.
- Blumenthal M. (2003) Herbal Gram Abc clinical guide to herbs
- XU C.F et al in ZHU J-S, Halpern GM, Jones K. The Scientific rediscovery of a precious ancient Chinese herbal regimen: Cordyceps sinensis: Part I. J Alt Comp Med 1998;4(3):289-303.)
- ( Reference 1, Chapter Improvement of physical performance and quality of life, pages 293 - 295)
- (Wan F, Guo Y, Deng X. Chinese Traditional Patented Med 1988;9:29- 31) Research on animal studies shows cordyceps increases natural sex hormones
- Huang Y, LuJ, Zhu B, Wen Q, Jia F, Zeng S, Chen T, Li Y, Xheng G, YiZ..Zhongchengyao Yanjiu 1987;(10):24-25 Prevention and improvement of adrenal glands and thymus hormones,... improve by300%aftercordyceps supplement.
- (Zhou LT, Yang YZ, Xu YM, Zhu QY, Zhu YR, Ge XY, Gao JD. Short term curative effect of cultured Cordyceps sinensis (Berk.) Sacc. Mycelia in chronic... B. China J Chinese Materia Medica 1990;15(1):53-55)
- (Jiang JC, Gao YF. ...improvement of 51% after only one month with Cordyceps supplement J Administration Traditional Chinese Med 1995;5(suppl):23-24)
Like all of our awesome products, Cordygen5™ is proudly manufactured in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, USA, in a cGMP facility.
A DR-Cap is a thicker walled veggie capsule (plant derived hypromellose) designed to protect the ingredients it contains from destruction in stomach acid for an extended period in comparison to standard gelatin or veggie capsules. Stomach acid can destroy as much as 95% of a formula’s active ingredients. The added protection provided by DR-Caps may increase a formula’s potency by as much as 80%. Wow!*
What we call the " NOT SO GOOD STUFF"! Nearly all inferior cordyceps strains are cultured in a process known as liquid cultivation or fermentation. This process uses a liquid substrate to grow the cordyceps mycelium in a very speedy 5-18 days, yielding low levels of active constituents. The cordyceps mycelium is then harvested by filtering out the liquid medium, drying it and grinding it into a powder. By filtering out the liquid medium many of the quality compounds secreted by the cordyceps are lost. It is usually further processed using hot water or solvents resulting in the loss of nearly 90% of the active constituents of which it had few of to begin with due to the fast liquid culturing process. This is not a good thing and is typically what you find in cheap, inferior Chinese produced cordyceps. Typically these inferior products only quantify cordycepic acid (3% to 7%) on their label.
THE GOOD STUFF! The cordyceps species in Cordygen5™ are grown here in the U.S. using a solid state (solid substrate) or biomass method. This is a much slower culturing method where the cordyceps is grown on a sterilized solid medium such as organic grain. The cordyceps is allowed to consume the solid substrate while being subjected to temperature and gas changes (O2 and CO2) to simulate its native high altitude conditions. This process typically takes between 22 and 24 weeks (nearly 6 months) before the cordyceps is ready for harvest. When the cordyceps mycelium is ready to harvest it has consumed more than 98% of the solid medium in which it was cultured on. The residual substrate is then removed yielding 100% pure, super potent cordyceps material with extremely high concentrations of active constituents from every facet of its life cycle. This process allows Cordygen5™ to exceed the effectiveness of other cordyceps products on the market by up to 95%.
Note: Beware! not all biomass cultured strains are created equal. Just because a product says "biomass" doesn't mean it has been exposed to gas and temperature changes (altitude simulation) or cultured long enough to be optimally effective. Buyer beware!
Yes! Every strain of Cordyceps in every MST product is DNA certified to guarantee that you're getting exactly what you're paying for. All mushroom species used in our products are third-party DNA certified through the U.S. National Institute of Health – National Center for Biotechnology Genebank (NCBI). Not only is it DNA certified, it's grown correctly! -- Buyer Beware! Just because a competitor has DNA certified material, doesn't mean it was grown correctly to optimize its active constituents.
For Thousands of years Traditional Chinese Medicine has used cordyceps to support healthy kidney, lung (respiration) and heart function, low male and female libido, fatigue, immune disorders, for general health and appetite and for promoting longevity. Tibetan Sherpas use cordyceps to enhance energy production and oxygen utilization when climbing Mt. Everest. In 1993 the Chinese Women's National Track Team used cordyceps to set nine world records, three by staggering margins. In this country its use has been researched for it's enhancement of energy production with applications in athletic performance and fatigue. over the years numerous studies have been performed on Cordyceps and the compound has been shown in many of these studies to enhance ATP production, increase oxygen utilization, improve VO2 Max, increase SOD (Super Oxide Dismutase) activity, support immune function, support healthy kidney function, support healthy cholesterol levels, support the liver and improve glucose metabolism*. One study even suggests that cordyceps may improve testosterone production in leydig cells.*
We recommend following the suggested use on the label and assessing your tolerance one DR-Cap at a time. After assessing your tolerance increase the dosage by one DR-Cap at a time if desired. We don't recommend taking more than 3 DR-Caps in a 24 hour period as 3 DR-Caps is typically plenty for any athlete. You should always reduce the dosage of Cordygen5™ if you are taking it with other cordyceps containing products.
You can simply take your Cordygen5™ dose prior to retiring to bed for the night. It will remain plenty active for your morning training session and will allow you to squeeze in every second of valuable sleep all without keeping you awake. (Note: this is the perfect way to dose CRE-02™ for the morning workouts too)
No. Cordygen5 is 100% stimulant free and should not create a wired or jittery feeling at all..
You should expect to see significant increases in oxygen utilization, endurance and strength in as little as one daily dose. Your anaerobic and aerobic endurance and threshold should increase. Your aerobic and anaerobic recovery time during exercise, weightlifting or endurance activity should be quicker. Your ATP regeneration time should be shortened leading to more muscular strength with longer durations until failure. Simply put, you won't hit the wall! *
You should feel the effects of Cordygen5™ for 12-14 hours after dosing. *
Cordygen5™ is a welcome addition to any supplement stack where you are looking to increase intensity and endurance. Cordygen5™ is formulated to be completely compatible with nearly all of our products. CRE-02™, Carnage-ELITE™ and Citruvol-ELITE™, Agmatine-ELITE™ and Nitroceps-ELITE™ are the most common products stacked with Cordygen5™. Additional protein and branch chain amino acids (like R.P.G. IBCAA™) are always a must when using Cordygen5™ as training more intensely can lead to fatigued muscle with serious micro trauma that needs proper protein intake to recover. If stack Cordygen5™ with other products that contain cordyceps then reduce the Cordygen5™ dose accordingly.
Cordygen5™ is recommended for adults over the age of 18 who wish to support their athletic performance, focus, immune function and general well-being. Whether you are a bodybuilder, powerlifter, martial artist, triathlete, cyclist, runner, swimmer, skier, snowboarder, hunter, fisherman, climber, wrestler, golfer, tennis, football, basketball, hockey or baseball player, you'll maximize your performance with Cordygen5™.
Yes, studies have shown the cordyceps strains in Cordygen5™ to be safe and non-toxic.
Yes, all ingredients in Cordygen5™ are 100% legal and are not currently banned by any sport sanctioning body!
NO! Cordygen5™ does NOT increase cortisol levels. Cordyceps has actually been shown to DECREASE cortisol levels as much as 30% due to its potent adaptogenic properties. The cordyceps subsessilis species (where cyclosporin comes from) is one strain that can potentially increase cortisol levels and we do not incorporate the subsessilis species into our products in any way. The cordyceps species in Cordygen5™ are not catabolic in any way.*
Technically, NO! Cordyceps has an anti-fungal and anti-microbial quality. People with candida overgrowth will find that cordyceps will kill off candida and cause die off symptoms. These die off symptoms usually manifest as loose stool or diarrhea with a mild headache. If you experience these symptoms while taking cordyceps it's a sign of an underlying but manageable candida problem. We suggest reducing the dose or discontinuing the Cordygen5™ until the candida overgrowth is under control. *
It really depends. We recommend starting with 1-2 DR-Caps to assess your tolerance before moving on to the 3 DR-Caps serving. If you aren't partaking in serious endurance activities then 1-3 DR-Caps per day is sufficient for most people. Many elite athletes take more (in divided doses) but we recommend increasing the dosage by one DR-Cap at a time. As with any supplement more isn't always better. If you are combining Cordygen5™ with other cordyceps containing products then you should reduce the Cordygen5™ dose accordingly.